Pomì chopped tomatoes have a single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and many simply recipes. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos! Store up to 5days in the fridge after opening How is it made? The tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped and mixed with a lightly concentrated tomato juice. The product is then thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. The product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes from our farmers. Chopped tomatoes contain visible seeds and peels.
Ingredients for 4 people
|Chopped Tomatoes 26.6oz||2 cups|
|Dry oregano||1 tsp|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Garlic cloves||4 to 5 large, chopped|
|Ground coriander||1 tsp|
|Large shrimp or prawns, peeled and deveined||1 lb|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Yellow onion||1 medium-sized, chopped|
|Zucchini||2 squash, halved length-wise, then sliced (half moons)|
Easy, Italian-style shrimp and zucchini cooked in a delicious, chunky sauce with Pomì 100% natural tomatoes. Enjoy this simple dish with your favorite grain or a loaf of crusty Italian bread!
1. In a large cooking skillet, heat 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add zucchini slices and sear, turning over once or twice, until nicely zucchini softens and turns a nice golden brown (do this in batches if you need to.) Remove zucchini from cooking skillet and set aside for now.
2. In the same skillet, add another tbsp or so of extra virgin olive oil, if needed. Add onions and cook over medium-high heat, tossing regularly, until onions turn a nice golden color (do not fully brown onions). Now add garlic and cook another 30 seconds until fragrant.
3. Add Pomì Chopped Tomatoes and water. Season with salt and pepper, coriander and oregano. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes or so.
4. To the simmering sauce, add shrimp and the previously seared zucchini. Cook another 5 minutes or until shrimp turns a nice light pink (do not overcook shrimp or it will turn rubbery). Remove from heat and serve.
5. Enjoy hot with your favorite grain or a loaf of crusty Italian bread!
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com