Fresh, creamy and thick: the original taste of a great classic always ready to be used. Strained Tomato Sauce is one of the most used ingredients in cooking because it is easy and fast, ideal to prepare any type of dish: meat, eggs, pasta, creams and creamy soups. Strained tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for pureed tomatos! Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? Tomatoes are washed and crushed. They go through a refinement process that includes sieves to eliminate seeds and peels. The product is then mixed with tomato juice and lightly concentrated. The final product is thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. Product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes and does not contain seeds and peels, although we cannot completely exclude possible residue.
|Strained Tomatoes 26.6oz|
|Beef broth||3.5 oz|
|Egg tagliatelle||8.4 oz|
|Minced beef||2.8 oz|
|Parmigiano Reggiano||1 oz|
|Pomi Strained Tomatoes||3.5 oz|
1. Start by finely chopping celery, carrot and onion; brown in a pan with some extra virgin oil and garlic.
2. When golden add the minced meat and brown.
3. Add salt, pepper, bay leaf, thyme and the wine; simmer and reduce.
4. Now add the beef broth and the Pomi Strained Tomatoes; simmer on a low flame for 2 and a half hours.
5. Bring some water to the boil, add salt and then the tagliatelle.
6. Once cooked, add the tagliatelle to the ragù and sauté on a high flame; place on a dish and garnish with a sprinkling of Parmigiano Reggiano.