Fresh, creamy and thick: the original taste of a great classic always ready to be used. Strained Tomato Sauce is one of the most used ingredients in cooking because it is easy and fast, ideal to prepare any type of dish: meat, eggs, pasta, creams and creamy soups. Strained tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for pureed tomatos! Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? Tomatoes are washed and crushed. They go through a refinement process that includes sieves to eliminate seeds and peels. The product is then mixed with tomato juice and lightly concentrated. The final product is thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. Product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes and does not contain seeds and peels, although we cannot completely exclude possible residue.
Ingredients for 2 people
|Strained Tomatoes 26.46oz||5.2 oz|
|EVO oil||to taste|
|Grated Parmigiano Reggiano||2.1 oz|
|Minced beef and veal||7.05 oz|
|Mortadella (pork or chicken)||2.1 oz|
|Savoy cabbage||6 leaves|
HOLD ONTO YOUR TOMATOES! A fragrant mix of beef, veal, herbs, and cheese is bundled up in savoy cabbage and cooked in a creamy sauce of our Strained Tomatoes until tender. Serve it once and you’re sure to get requests for it all the time!
- Select the best cabbage leaves and wash them thoroughly.
- Blanche them in hot salted water, place them in cold water to stop them from cooking any further and then thoroughly pat them dry.
- Place the minced meat, egg, Parmigiano, finely chopped mortadella, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and thyme in a large bowl and mix all the ingredients thoroughly by hand until compact and homogeneous.
- Now fill the savoy cabbage leaves with the filling and close them to form wraps.
- In the meantime heat the Pomì Strained Tomatoes in a pan with some extra virgin oil and the garlic; add the stuffed cabbage leaves.
- Cook on a low flame for 30 minutes.