One Can of Pomi Chopped Tomatoes
Pomì chopped tomatoes have a single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and many simply recipes. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos! Store up to 5days in the fridge after opening How is it made? The tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped and mixed with a lightly concentrated tomato juice. The product is then thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. The product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes from our farmers. Chopped tomatoes contain visible seeds and peels.
|Chopped Tomatoes 14.1oz||One Can of Pomi Chopped Tomatoes|
|Black pepper||to taste|
|Dry White Wine (Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, etc)||1/3 cup|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1 tbsp|
|Fresh thyme leaves||1 tbsp plus more|
|Grass Fed Butter or Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
|Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)||1/3 cup|
|Mushrooms||12 oz sliced|
|Nutritional yeast||2 tbsp|
|Parmesan Cheese to garnish||optional|
|Pink Salt||1 tsp|
|Pink Salt||to taste|
|Polenta||one cup (stone-ground, whole grain corn meal)|
|Pomi Chopped Tomatoes||1 can|
1. Bring water and salt to a boil. Then, pour polenta into boiling water, whisking constantly.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, about 15-20 minutes. Turn off the heat and add butter, nutritional yeast and parmesan cheese. Stir until melted.
3. Meanwhile, heat up olive oil. Add mushrooms, pinch of salt, pepper, thyme and sautee until mushrooms are golden, about 5-6 minutes.
4. Add in Pomi Chopped Tomatoes and white wine. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the wine is mostly reduced, about 5-7 minutes. season with salt and black pepper.
5. Divide between bowls and garnish with fresh thyme and parmesan cheese.