Pomì chopped tomatoes have a single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and many simply recipes. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos! Store up to 5days in the fridge after opening How is it made? The tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped and mixed with a lightly concentrated tomato juice. The product is then thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. The product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes from our farmers. Chopped tomatoes contain visible seeds and peels.
Ingredients for 6 people
|Chopped Tomatoes 26.6oz||26.46 oz|
|Chopped fresh mint leaves||¼ cup|
|Chopped fresh parsley leaves||1 cup|
|Chopped red onions||1 cup|
|Crumbled feta cheese||To taste|
|Dried oregano||1 tsp|
|Dry pearl couscous||2 cups|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||To taste|
|Garlic cloves, chopped||2|
|Shredded already cooked or rotisserie chicken||3 cups|
|Water, boiling||3 cups|
A satisfying one-pan meal with tons of Mediterranean flavors! Toasted pearl couscous, tossed in a chunky Pomi sauce with chicken, fresh herbs and more. Go ahead and use rotisserie chicken, even the best of cooks need a shortcut sometimes!
1. In a large deep pan, heat 3 more tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add the onions and cook for 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring regularly. Add garlic and cook another minute or so until fragrant.
2. Now add Pomi chopped tomatoes and oregano. Season with salt. Bring the tomato mixture to a boil, then turn heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the couscous. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Toast the pearl couscous until golden brown. Add 3 cups boiling water and a generous dash of salt. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to low. Cover and cook on low heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until the couscous is fully cooked.
4. When the tomato mixture is ready, stir in the cooked pearl couscous and shredded rotisserie chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes or so, or until chicken is warmed through.
5. Finally, stir in the fresh herbs. Remove the couscous from heat and transfer to a serving dish. If you like, garnish with more chopped onions, fresh herbs, and feta cheese. Enjoy!
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com