3 ½ cups
Pomì chopped tomatoes have a single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and many simply recipes. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos! Store up to 5days in the fridge after opening How is it made? The tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped and mixed with a lightly concentrated tomato juice. The product is then thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. The product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes from our farmers. Chopped tomatoes contain visible seeds and peels.
Ingredients for 6 people
|Chopped Tomatoes 26.6oz||3 ½ cups|
|Cloves, chopped||6 garlic|
|Dried oregano||1 tsp|
|Dry bay leaf||1|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Fresh parsley for garnish|
|Gold potatoes, peeled and diced||1 pound|
|Green bell pepper, cored and chopped||1|
|Ground corriander||1 ½ tsp|
|Ground cumin||½ tsp|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Small yellow onion, chopped||1|
|Sweet paprika||1 tsp|
|Uncooked chorizo sausage, casings removed||½ pound|
|White beans, rinsed and drained||1 can|
A delicious, smoky and saucy stew of potatoes, chorizo sausage, and white beans with flavor-packed Pomi chopped tomatoes! Just add your favorite crusty bread!
1. In a large heavy cooking pot, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add chorizo sausage and cook, stirring regularly, until fully browned. Transfer the chorizo to a plate for now.
2. In the same cooking pot, add a little more olive oil, if needed. Add onions, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring regularly, until translucent.
3. Add garlic, and cook for a few more seconds, then add diced potatoes, peppers, spices, and a little salt and pepper. Sautee for 5 to 7 minutes, tossing regularly with a wooden spoon.
4. Add Pomi chopped tomatoes, water, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil for 7 minutes.
5. Turn heat to low, and stir in the cooked chorizo and white beans. Cover and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender and fully cooked through (occasionally check to see if you need to add a little more liquid).
6. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Serve with your favorite Italian crusty bread!
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com