Marinara Sauce is a nutritionally sound sauce with a delicious fresh taste of 100% Italian tomatoes and it is at the base of many recipes. Serve over cooked spaghetti, ravioli or other pasta; sprinkle with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Or chill and serve as a salsa with garlic bread sticks or Tostitos. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening.
Ingredients for 2 pizzas or 4 small pizzas
|Marinara Sauce 26.6oz||1 C|
|Black and green olives||to taste|
|Bread flour||17.7 oz|
|Cane sugar||1 tsp|
|Italian seasoning||2 tsp|
|Lukewarm water||fl oz|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Vegan mozzarella cheese||8 oz|
Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or enjoying a fall-festive dinner at home, this Vegan Ghostly Pizza is perfect for all your spooky and saucy needs!! Covered in our authentic Italian Pomì Marinara Sauce, this pizza takes like it came straight out of an oven in Italy.
Preparing homemade pizza dough:
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and mix with the dry yeast.
- In a measuring cup, mix the water, oil, sugar and salt and add to the flour. Knead the mixture for at least 10-15 minutes to form a smooth dough.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel, or reusable bowl cover. Let rise at room temperature for 30 minutes and then in the refrigerator for 24hours (or up to 48 hours).
Preparing spooky pizza:
- If you are using store bought pizza dough follow package instructions. For homemade pizza dough: Take chilled pizza dough out of the fridge and let come to room temperature (around 30 minutes). Preheat the oven and baking tray to 480°F. Cut the dough into half for 14” pizzas, or quarter for 7” pizzas. Turn pieces in flour and shape into a thin round base by pressing and pulling. Place pizza crust on a lightly floured parchment paper and let rest while you prepare the toppings.
- Pour Pomì Marinara Sauce into a bowl and add 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Spooky Toppings: Cut the cheese into slices and then into ghost shapes with a ghost shaped cookie cutter; or by hand with a paring knife. Cut the olives into spider shapes. Cutting an olive in half will create the spider body, cutting another olive into half and then into 8 slices will create the legs. Use pieces of black olives as eyes for the ghosts. Spread Marinara Sauce onto pizzas.
- Top pizza with spooky toppings as desired, slide onto hot baking sheet. Turn down temperature to 425°F and bake for 15 minutes each.
- Sprinkle pizzas with the remaining teaspoon Italian seasoning, and optional with some more olive oil. Enjoy!