Enjoy the natural quality of our new Crushed Tomatoes with Basil. No salt added and only two ingredients: tomatoes and basil. They are perfect as a base ingredient or sauce starter to prepare pasta sauces, or as your secret addition to enrich other recipes with the refined, yet bold flavor of Italian tomatoes. The resealable box makes our new 13.8 line even easier to open and store. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening.
|Crushed Tomatoes with Basil 13.8oz||13.8 oz|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1 tsp|
|Heavy cream||1 cup|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||1 cup|
|Penne pasta||8 oz|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
Every #SaucySunday starts with Pomì. This Creamy Tomato Pasta is made simple and saucy in celebration of Italy’s summer holiday, Ferragosto.
1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions. Undercook it slightly as it will become more cooked during the mixing process
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 20 seconds.
3. Pour the Pomi Crushed Tomatoes with Basil into the pan. Wait 5 minutes before adding the vodka.
4. Add the vodka to the pan. Simmer the sauce for 7 minutes over medium low heat.
5. Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese and simmer for another 5 minutes or until thickened. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to coat. Add more parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes to taste --- then serve and enjoy!
Pro Tip - this ends up being a lot of sauce for 8 oz but we love our pasta extra saucy