Pomì chopped tomatoes have a single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and many simply recipes. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos! Store up to 5days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? The tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped and mixed with a lightly concentrated tomato juice. The product is then thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. The product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes from our farmers. Chopped tomatoes contain visible seeds and peels.
Ingredients for 2 people
|Chopped Tomatoes 26.6oz||10.5 oz.|
|Country bread||4 slices|
|Olive oil||to taste|
|Red Tropea onion||1|
- Toast the bread in the oven. Clean and slice the onion; clean the garlic.
- Sauté the garlic and the onion in a pan with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the Pomì chopped tomatoes and basil cut into julienne strips and some more oil.
- Cook uncovered over a very gentle heat for about 40 minutes.
- Add the toasted bread, breaking it with a spoon so that it is mixed in well with the soup, almost entirely absorbing the tomato sauce.
- Pour into soup dish, add a drizzle of olive oil, some fresh pepper and some basil leaves.