Pomì chopped tomatoes have a single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and many simply recipes. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos! Store up to 5days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? The tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped and mixed with a lightly concentrated tomato juice. The product is then thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. The product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes from our farmers. Chopped tomatoes contain visible seeds and peels.
|Chopped Tomatoes 13.8oz||1 box|
|Ground Beef||1/2 lbs|
|Mild Italian Sausage||1/2 lbs|
|Garlic Cloves (minced)||2|
|Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)||2 Cups|
|Parmesan Cheese||1/2 Cup|
|Ricotta Cheese||1 Carton|
|Dried Basil||1 tsp|
|Fresh Parsley (minced)||2 tbsp|
|Pomi Crushed Tomatoes||1 Box|
|Pomi Tomato Paste||6 oz|
|Water||1/3 of a Cup|
|Sweet Onion (diced)||1/2|
- Cook lasagna noodles according to box directions. Drain and set aside. Be careful when handling so you don’t rip or break any of the noodles.
- Lay each noodle side by side, flattened. Add a thin layer of ricotta to each and top with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese. Roll each noodle into a roll-up, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, sausage, garlic, and onion until browned. Stir in Pomi crushed tomatoes, Pomi tomato paste, sugar, water, parsley salt, pepper and basil. Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 25 minutes (stir occasionally)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fill bottom of pan with meat sauce until about an inch to 1 1/2 inches are filled. Top the meat sauce with the lasagna roll ups and add a little bit more meat sauce. Sprinkle the top with more mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes (covered) and another 12 minutes (uncovered) or until cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to cool and serve.