Organic Strained Tomatoes 26.46oz
One Box of Pomi Organic Strained Tomatoes
Pomì Organic Tomato Purée is a sauce produced with genuine tomatoes, fresh and perfectly ripe, processed right after harvesting. Produced only with organic Italian tomatoes, it is perfect to prepare any type of dish: meat, eggs, pasta, creams and creamy soups. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening.
|Organic Strained Tomatoes 26.46oz||One Box of Pomi Organic Strained Tomatoes|
|All purpose flower||3 cups|
|Dried Italian Seasoning||2 tsp|
|Instant dry yeast||1 tbsp|
|Italian Seasoning/Garlic Powder/Oregano||optional mix ins|
|kosher salt||1 tsp|
|Kosher Salt||1 tsp|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Toum or Garlic Powder||1 tbsp|
|Warm Water (110 F)||1 cup|
The sauce truly does make the pizza!
- Combine your ingredients into a small sauce pot and let simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool and use to top your pizza.
- Store seasoned sauce for up to a week in sealed container in fridge.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, add your yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup (4oz) of warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes in a warm place. (I usually stick in my microwave)
- Fit your KitchenAid mixer with the dough hook.
- Add your flour, salt and olive oil into the bowl of your mixer, gently mix on low until combined.
- After 5 minutes, your water/yeast mixture should have bubbled up, with your mixer on low, slowly add in.
- Fill another 1/2 cup (4oz) of warm water and slowly continue adding in. Your dough should begin to come together and form a smooth, elastic ball of dough.
- Continue to let mix for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Once the dough has formed, remove and add a few drops of olive oil to the bowl and place dough back into bowl and coat with oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place, if your oven has a proof setting even better!!!
- Let rise for 1-2 hours until the dough doubles in size.
PIZZA MAKING USING PIZZA STONE OR BAKING STEEL
- Place your rack in the top 1/3 of your oven
- Preheat your oven to 500F and let your stone/steel heat up for about 30 minutes
- Once your dough is ready, remove from bowl and divide into 4 even balls. (If you want to freeze any, coat the dough lightly in olive oil and wrap in plastic wrap then place in ziplock bag. The dough will freeze well up to 3 months.)
- Work with one dough piece at a time and leave the other covered with a damp towel until ready to use.
- Flour your clean surface well and begin to work your dough, first with your hands to smooth out then gently with a floured rolling pin.
- Begin to roll and shape to your desired thickness. I tend to roll mine pretty thin and leave a bit of a thicker edge for a nice crust.
- Flour your pizza peel and place your dough on top. Top with your Pomi Pizza Sauce then toppings of your choice. Give the peel a little shake and when ready, launch onto your stone/steel.
- Let pizza cook for about 4 minutes, turn on broil for a little char on your crust then remove and enjoy!
- Using half whole wheat or spelt flour works very well.
- If you would like to double the recipe, double everything but the yeast quantity. Proceed the same way.