Pomì chopped tomatoes have a single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and many simply recipes. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos! Store up to 5days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? The tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped and mixed with a lightly concentrated tomato juice. The product is then thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. The product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes from our farmers. Chopped tomatoes contain visible seeds and peels.
Ingredients for 4-6 people
|Chopped Tomatoes 26.6oz||1 cup|
|Chopped red onions||½ cup|
|Dried oregano||1 ½ tsp, divided|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Garlic clove||1 minced|
|Green bell pepper||1 cup, diced|
|Kosher salt||to taste|
|Paprika||1 ½ tsp, divided|
|Russet potato||1 diced small|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Sliced mushrooms||8 oz|
Summary hearty, healthy meatless breakfast skillet with scrambled eggs, potatoes, and mushrooms. And don’t miss the flavor-packed sauce made with Pomì all-natural Italian tomatoes!
1. To make the tomato sauce, in a small saucepan, heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring regularly. Add Pomì Chopped Tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper, and ½ tsp each paprika and oregano. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large cooking skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until fully browned. Season with salt. Remove mushrooms to a side plate for now.
3. In the same skillet, now add 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add potatoes, onions, and green peppers. Season with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp each paprika and oregano. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring regularly (and adjusting heat as needed) until fully cooked through (about 8 minutes). Remove potato mixture from skillet to the same side plate with the mushrooms.
4. Break eggs into a bowl and scramble. Add 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil to cooking skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring regularly, until no longer runny. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the cooked mushrooms and potato mixture to the skillet with the scrambled eggs, then stir in the tomato sauce.
5. Serve hot with your favorite crusty bread. Enjoy!
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com