One Box (26.46oz) of Pomi Strained Tomatoes
Fresh, creamy and thick: the original taste of a great classic always ready to be used. Strained Tomato Sauce is one of the most used ingredients in cooking because it is easy and fast, ideal to prepare any type of dish: meat, eggs, pasta, creams and creamy soups. Strained tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for pureed tomatos! Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? Tomatoes are washed and crushed. They go through a refinement process that includes sieves to eliminate seeds and peels. The product is then mixed with tomato juice and lightly concentrated. The final product is thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. Product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes and does not contain seeds and peels, although we cannot completely exclude possible residue.
|Strained Tomatoes 26.6oz||One Box (26.46oz) of Pomi Strained Tomatoes|
|Dried Parsley||1/4 tsp|
|Nutritional Yeast||1.5 tbsp|
|Plain Greek Yogurt||1/2 cup|
|Vegetable Broth||1 cup|
|Pomi Strained Tomatoes||26.46 oz|
|Butternut Squash||2 cups|
Say hello to your new go-to dish! This creamy butternut squash & tomato soup made with Pomi Strained Tomatoes, topped with toasted sunflowers seeds and kale, this ultimate healthy comfort food!
- In a large blender of food processor combine squash, tomatoes, stock and garlic cloves. Blend until it is a uniformly smooth consistency.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a medium sized pot and heat on medium-low heat.
- Add nutritional yeast, cumin, salt, nutmeg and parsley to the pot and simmer for 1-2 minutes, allowing the flavors to combine.
- Next, slowly add in the greek yogurt and stir until evenly distributed and color is unform.
- Serve warm. Garnish with additional yogurt if desired.
To cook squash you can roast it in the oven for ~45-60 minutes, or microwave it in a bowl of water for 5 minutes.
Other optional garnishes: roasted pepitas and additional parsley.