1 ½ cup
A single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and any recipe. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos! Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening How is it made? The tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped and mixed with a lightly concentrated tomato juice. The product is then thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. The product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes from our farmers. Chopped tomatoes contain visible seeds and peels.
Ingredients for 4 people
|Chopped Tomatoes 26.6oz||1 ½ cup|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast||1.30 lb|
|Dried oregano||2 tsp, divided|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Fresh parsley||for garnish|
|Garlic cloves||3 minced, divided|
|Hot pepper flake (optional)||for garnish|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Shredded mozzarella||¼ cup|
|Sweet paprika||1 ½ tsp, divided|
Easy baked chicken, topped with shredded mozzarella and baked in a flavor-packed tomato sauce with Pomì Chopped Tomatoes.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add 1 tsp garlic (leave the rest for later), and cook briefly, stirring continuously, until fragrant (do not brown garlic).
3. Add Pomì Chopped Tomatoes and water. Season with salt, pepper 1 tsp oregano, and ½ tsp sweet paprika. Raise heat and bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
4. While the sauce cooks, pat chicken breasts dry. With a large knife, cut horizontally through the middle of the chicken breasts creating thinner chicken cutlets (we started with 2 thick chicken pieces and turned them into 4 thinner pieces, so they cook quickly and evenly). 5. In a small bowl, combine the remaining garlic with salt, pepper, and the remaining oregano and paprika to make a spice rub. Brush chicken with olive oil on both sides, then rub on both sides with the spice rub.
6. When sauce is ready, pour the majority of it in the bottom of a casserole baking dish. Add the spiced chicken, then top chicken with the remaining sauce.
7. Bake in the heated oven for about 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through. Remove briefly from oven and top each chicken piece with shredded mozzarella. Return to oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has nicely melted.
8. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley and hot chili flakes, if you like. Serve with your favorite grain or pasta.
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com