Pomì chopped tomatoes have a single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and many simply recipes. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos! Store up to 5days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? The tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped and mixed with a lightly concentrated tomato juice. The product is then thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. The product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes from our farmers. Chopped tomatoes contain visible seeds and peels.
Ingredients for 4 people
|Chopped Tomatoes 26.6oz||26-oz|
|Cayenne pepper (optional)||½ tsp|
|Chicken or vegetable broth||2 cups|
|Dried oregano||1 tsp|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Fresh basil leaves||5 to 10, torn or sliced chiffonade, for garnish|
|Garlic cloves||7 minced|
|Grated carrots||3 tbsp|
|Large red peppers||2 whole|
|Large yellow onion||1 peeled and chopped|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Smoked paprika||1 ½ tsp|
|Toasted crostini||to serve|
Bright, hearty and flavor-packed roasted red pepper and tomato soup. Pomì Chopped Tomatoes make this a super easy recipe for any night of the week and any time of the year!
1. Heat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place red peppers on a baking sheet lined with foil. Roast in heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and wrap with foil to trap the steam. Leave aside for a few minutes.
3. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes, stirring regularly, until translucent. Add garlic, carrots, salt, pepper and the remaining spices. Cook for a quick 30 to 45 seconds, stirring, until fragrant.
4. Add Pomì Chopped Tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, remove red peppers from foil. Peel the charred skin off and remove stems and seeds. Chop red pepper to smaller pieces and add to the soup.
6. Off heat, using an immersion blender, carefully puree the soup to achieve desired smoothness. Place saucepan back on heat. Turn heat to low and let simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Transfer soup to serving bowls. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with fresh basil. Serve with toasted crostini or your favorite bread. Enjoy!
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com