Pomì Polpa di Pomodoro Biologica is a pulp sauce produced only with Italian organic tomatoes, healthy, fresh and perfectly ripe, processed immediately after harvesting. Excellent for pizza or pasta and to enhance the flavor of every fish-based dish. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening
Ingredients for 4/6 people
|Organic chopped tomatoes 26.6oz||1 box|
|Carrots, chopped||2 to 3|
|Celery sticks, chopped||2|
|Dry (uncooked) orzo pasta||1 cup|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Garlic cloves, minced||3|
|Handful chopped fresh parsley||to taste|
|Lean ground beef (or turkey)||¾ lb|
|Low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth||32 oz|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Yellow onion, chopped||1|
If you’re looking for an easy, comforting, weeknight recipe, this beef orzo soup will deliver!
1. In a cooking pot, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil until shimmering but not smoking. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring regularly, until softened.
2. Add ground meat and minced garlic. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika. Cook on medium-high, tossing regularly, until meat’s fully browned. (Drain any excess fat and return pot to the heat).
3. Add Pomì Organic Chopped Tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add orzo and raise the heat to medium-high. Place the lid (leaving it somewhat open) on the pot. Cook orzo to al dente (about 8 to 10 minutes).
5. Remove from heat and stir in fresh parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
6. Transfer to serving bowls and enjoy!
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com