Pomì organic chopped tomatoes (Pomì Polpa di Pomodoro Biologica) is a sauce produced only with Italian organic tomatoes, which are healthy, fresh and perfectly ripe, processed immediately after harvesting. Excellent for pizza margherita or pasta and to enhance the flavor of every fish-based dish. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening.
Ingredients for 4/6 people
|Organic chopped tomatoes 26.6oz||1 box|
|Carrots, chopped||2 to 3|
|Celery sticks, chopped||2|
|Dry (uncooked) orzo pasta||1 cup|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Garlic cloves, minced||3|
|Handful chopped fresh parsley||to taste|
|Lean ground beef (or turkey)||¾ lb|
|Low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth||32 oz|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Yellow onion, chopped||1|
If you’re looking for an easy, comforting, weeknight recipe, this beef orzo soup will deliver!
1. In a cooking pot, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil until shimmering but not smoking. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring regularly, until softened.
2. Add ground meat and minced garlic. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika. Cook on medium-high, tossing regularly, until meat’s fully browned. (Drain any excess fat and return pot to the heat).
3. Add Pomì Organic Chopped Tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add orzo and raise the heat to medium-high. Place the lid (leaving it somewhat open) on the pot. Cook orzo to al dente (about 8 to 10 minutes).
5. Remove from heat and stir in fresh parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
6. Transfer to serving bowls and enjoy!
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com