Pomì Polpa di Pomodoro Biologica is a pulp sauce produced only with Italian organic tomatoes, healthy, fresh and perfectly ripe, processed immediately after harvesting. Excellent for pizza or pasta and to enhance the flavor of every fish-based dish. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening
Ingredients for 4 people
|Organic chopped tomatoes 26.6oz||27 ounce|
|Clam juice||1/3 cup|
|Cloves garlic, chopped||6|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Parsley, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Pasta (such as linguine) (gluten free for gluten free)||8 ounces|
|Red pepper flakes||1 teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Salt and Pepper||to taste|
|Shrimp, peeled and deviened||1 pound|
Shrimp is one of my favourite foods and this spicy garlic shrimp pasta is one of my “goto” meals that I enjoy it in! This pasta dish is so quick and easy to make, in fact it takes less time to make the sauce than it takes to cook the pasta! This recipe starts out with the star of the show, the shrimp, which is cooked in oil before it is set aside.
The sauce is then built up in the shrimp flavour infused oil with onions followed by plenty of garlic and red pepper flakes for spicy heat. The heart of the sauce is a container of Pomì organic chopped tomatoes that is seasoned with oregano and a hit of clam juice to enhance the shell fish flavours. Salt, pepper and fresh chopped parsley bring the dish home along with the shrimp and pasta. (I like linguine with this dish!) This recipe is perfect for busy weeknight family meals and it’s also perfect to impress guests!
A quick and easy shrimp pasta in a spicy garlic tomato sauce with Pomì organic chopped tomatoes.
1. Start cooking the pasta and directed on the package.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the shrimp and cook until just pink, about 1-3 minutes per side, before setting aside.
3. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic, red pepper flakes, and oregano, and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the tomatoes and clam juice, bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add the shrimp, pasta and parsley, mix and enjoy!
Recipe by Kevin Lynch of closetcooking.com