1 Pomì Italian Weekend Trio (3 x 26.6oz)
Pomì chopped tomatoes are dedicated to the most demanding of palates, a soft, smooth fresh tomato pulp, made for those who love a softer flavor. Perfect to cook ragout, soups, pureed vegetable soups, delicious sauces and pizza recipes. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? Tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped, then crushed. They are mixed with tomato juice and then put through sieves. The Product is thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. Finely chopped tomatoes may contain seeds and peels.
|American cheese||To taste|
|Freshly cracked pepper||To taste|
|Freshly grated gruyere||To taste|
|Pomì Chopped Tomatoes||1 26.6 oz|
|Pomì Finely Chopped Tomatoes||1 26.6 oz|
|Salted Butter||1 stick|
1. Make the tomato soup: Sautee half a medium onion in a saucepan with a tbsp of butter + EVOO. Season with salt and cook till translucent. Add 2 cloves minced garlic and red pepper flake (to taste) and sautee another minute, until fragrant. Then add Pomi Finely Chopped Tomatoes, a cup of chicken stock, a cup of cream, a tbsp of sugar, a big pinch of salt and some freshly cracked pepper. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low, then cover and simmer for for around 30 minutes. If you want your soup smooth, transer in batches to blender or use an immersion blender. Check for seasoning at the end!
2. Make garlic spread: Cut the tops off 4 heads of garlic, drizzle with EVOO and salt, and enclose each separately in tinfoil. Put all foiled garlic heads on a sheet pan and into the oven at 400 F for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool for a bit, then squeeze out the roasted garlic and pulse in a food processor with a few cloves of raw garlic until smooth.
3. Make the tomato butter: Strain a can of Pomì Chopped Tomatoes, using a wooden spoon to press down on them to release as much liquid as possible. Then, add about 2 tbsp of the remaining chunks to 1 stick of salted butter. Puree in a food processor until fully combined.
4. Make the grilled cheese: Shmear one side of each slice of bread with your tomato butter, then add to a skillet set to medium heat with a bit more butter. Then, shmear your roasted garlic onto the other side of the slice in the pan, add two slices of white American cheese and cover with freshly grated gruyere. Then top with the other slice of bread, tomato butter side facing up. Once browned and toasty, flip, adding a bit more butter to the pan.
5. Once browned on both sides, serve with a cup of tomato sauce, sprinkled with a little more grated gruyere! If you're making multiple sandwiches, leave them in a 250 F oven while the others are cooking.