1 26oz Pomi’s Finely Chopped Tomatoes
Pomì chopped tomatoes are dedicated to the most demanding of palates, a soft, smooth fresh tomato pulp, made for those who love a softer flavor. Perfect to cook ragout, soups, pureed vegetable soups, delicious sauces and pizza recipes. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? Tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped, then crushed. They are mixed with tomato juice and then put through sieves. The Product is thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. Finely chopped tomatoes may contain seeds and peels.
|Cloves of Garlic||3|
|Crushed Red Pepper Flakes||1/4 tsp|
|Dried Oregano||1/2 tsp|
|Dry White Wine||1/2 cup|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||3 tbsp|
|Fresh Basil or Parsley||To Taste|
|Fresh/Frozen Jumbo Shrimp||1 1/2 lb|
|Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese||To Taste|
|Kalamta Olives, Pitted & Diced||1/3 cup|
|Pomì Finely Chopped Tomatoes||26oz|
|Salt & Pepper||To Taste|
1. In a large dutch oven over medium heat add the olive oil, onion & garlic. Cook until the onions begin to turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the anchovies, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt & pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the white wine, tomatoes, capers & olives. Bring sauce to a boil & reduce to a simmer. Cover with lid & simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp. Cook an additional 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked throughout. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
5. Serve over spaghetti. Garnish with parmesan & herbs.