Marinara Sauce is a nutritionally sound sauce with a delicious fresh taste of 100% Italian tomatoes and it is at the base of many recipes. Serve over cooked spaghetti, ravioli or other pasta; sprinkle with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Or chill and serve as a salsa with garlic bread sticks or Tostitos. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening.
Ingredients for 4 people
|Marinara Sauce 26.6oz||1 box|
|Cloves garlic||2 minced / grated|
|Mozzarella balls (bocconcini)||1 pound|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese)||1/4 cup grated (optional)|
|Prosciutto||6 ounces, cut in half|
These prosciutto wrapped mozzarella balls are a quick and easy treat that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as a light meal. Fresh mozzarella balls (aka bocconcini) are wrapped in prosciutto and lightly fried until crispy, placed in some Pomì Marinara Sauce and baked until the mozzarella has melted! The result is crispy and salty prosciutto filled with melted mozzarella, that just bursts in your mouth, all pulled together with a tasty, ready-made marinara sauce! I like to serve the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella balls with garlic crostini to scoop up every last drop from the plate!
1. Spread the mixture of the butter and garlic over the baguette slices and toast until lightly golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, wrap the mozzarella in prosciutto.
3. Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella and cook until lightly golden brown, about a minute per side, and set aside.
4. Add Pomì Marinara Sauce and parmesan to the pan and heat until the cheese has melted in.
5. Add the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella and transfer to a preheated 425F oven to bake until the sauce is bubbling and the mozzarella has melted, about 5-10 minutes, before removing from the oven, sprinkling on the basil and enjoying with the garlic crostini.
Note: Use large mozzarella balls, cut into 1-inch cubes instead of the bocconcini.
Option: Skip browning the prosciutto.
Recipe by Kevin Lynch of closetcooking.com