Pomì organic chopped tomatoes (Pomì Polpa di Pomodoro Biologica) is a sauce produced only with Italian organic tomatoes, which are healthy, fresh and perfectly ripe, processed immediately after harvesting. Excellent for pizza margherita or pasta and to enhance the flavor of every fish-based dish. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening.
|Organic chopped tomatoes 26.6oz|
|Carrots, peeled and chopped||2|
|Celery ribs, chopped||2|
|Chicken stock||2 cups|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Pomi Organic Chopped Tomatoes||28 ounces|
|Red wine||1 cup|
|Rosemary, minced||1 teaspoon|
|Sage, minced||1 tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Thyme, minced||2 teaspoons|
|Yellow onion, chopped||1/2|
This dish is so warm and packed with flavor, it’s the perfect meal to enjoy when the air outside is crisp and frigid. We used chopped tomatoes, from Pomi, which helps to create such a nice, thick, and flavorful sauce for the shanks to bathe in for a few hours, before becoming fork tender and melt in your mouth.
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F.
2. Place (6 quart) Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add oil.
3. Season lamb shanks liberally with salt and pepper; then sear each shank in Dutch oven on all sides. Remove shanks from Dutch oven and transfer to a plate.
4. Add onion, carrots and celery to pot and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and continue to sauté for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until onions begin to caramelize. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add sage, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf and continue to sauté for another minute.
6. Deglaze pot with wine and simmer until liquid has dissolved.
7. Stir in chopped tomatoes and stock, then add shanks back to pot. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Bring mixture to a boil, cover and transfer to oven.
9. Braise shanks for about 2 1/2 hours, or until shanks very tender.
10. Remove shanks from Dutch oven and nestle each atop a bowl of creamy mashed potatoes. Spoon some braising liquid over each shank and garnish with fresh thyme leaves. Serve.
Recipe by Jenny & Teri of spoonforkbacon.com