1 Box of Pomi Organic Chopped Tomatoes
Pomì Polpa di Pomodoro Biologica is a pulp sauce produced only with Italian organic tomatoes, healthy, fresh and perfectly ripe, processed immediately after harvesting. Excellent for pizza or pasta and to enhance the flavor of every fish-based dish. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening
|Organic chopped tomatoes 26.6oz||1 Box of Pomi Organic Chopped Tomatoes|
|Chopped Cilantro||1/4 cup|
|Salt and Pepper||to taste|
|Canned or Cooked Chickpeas||4 cups|
|Cayenne Pepper||To taste|
|Coconut Milk||1 can (19 oz)|
|Cumin Powder||2 tsp|
|Curry Masala Powder||1-2 tsp|
|Jasmine Rice||For Serving|
|Pomi Organic Chopped Tomatoes||1 box|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
– Make sure to use canned coconut milk and not the regular one you find in the fridge section near the other dairy-free milk beverages. Canned coconut milk is much thicken. In this recipe I use the whole can (including the coconut water).
– You can make this chickpea chana masala as spicy as you like it by adjusting the cayenne pepper to your desired spiciness. You may also add fresh chopped chilis.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add diced onion and minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add cumin, curry masala, turmeric and cayenne and stir to combine with onion and garlic.
- Add chopped tomatoes and let simmer for 20 minutes, then add coconut milk and simmer another 10-20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the mixture has simmered, add chickpeas and chopped cilantro, and mix. Serve chickpea chana masala over cooked jasmine rice. Enjoy!