1 Box of Pomi Organic Chopped Tomatoes
Pomì organic chopped tomatoes (Pomì Polpa di Pomodoro Biologica) is a sauce produced only with Italian organic tomatoes, which are healthy, fresh and perfectly ripe, processed immediately after harvesting. Excellent for pizza margherita or pasta and to enhance the flavor of every fish-based dish. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening.
|Organic chopped tomatoes 26.6oz||1 Box of Pomi Organic Chopped Tomatoes|
|Chopped Cilantro||1/4 cup|
|Salt and Pepper||to taste|
|Canned or Cooked Chickpeas||4 cups|
|Cayenne Pepper||To taste|
|Coconut Milk||1 can (19 oz)|
|Cumin Powder||2 tsp|
|Curry Masala Powder||1-2 tsp|
|Jasmine Rice||For Serving|
|Pomi Organic Chopped Tomatoes||1 box|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
– Make sure to use canned coconut milk and not the regular one you find in the fridge section near the other dairy-free milk beverages. Canned coconut milk is much thicken. In this recipe I use the whole can (including the coconut water).
– You can make this chickpea chana masala as spicy as you like it by adjusting the cayenne pepper to your desired spiciness. You may also add fresh chopped chilis.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add diced onion and minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add cumin, curry masala, turmeric and cayenne and stir to combine with onion and garlic.
- Add chopped tomatoes and let simmer for 20 minutes, then add coconut milk and simmer another 10-20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the mixture has simmered, add chickpeas and chopped cilantro, and mix. Serve chickpea chana masala over cooked jasmine rice. Enjoy!