1 (26 oz) box of Pomì Finely Chopped Tomatoes
Pomì chopped tomatoes are dedicated to the most demanding of palates, a soft, smooth fresh tomato pulp, made for those who love a softer flavor. Perfect to cook ragout, soups, pureed vegetable soups, delicious sauces and pizza recipes. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? Tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped, then crushed. They are mixed with tomato juice and then put through sieves. The Product is thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. Finely chopped tomatoes may contain seeds and peels.
|Finely chopped tomatoes 26.6oz||1 (26 oz) box of Pomì Finely Chopped Tomatoes|
|Celery stalk, finely chpped||1/2 cup|
|Chicken or Vegetable stock||3 cups|
|Dried red pepper||1 tsp|
|Dry white wine||1 1/2 cup|
|Firm-fleshed white fish fillets||16 oz|
|Fresh basil||To taste|
|Fresh cracked pepper||To taste|
|Fresh oregano, chopped||2 tbsp|
|Fresh parsley||To garnish|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||2 tbsp|
|Garlic, finely chopped||6 gloves|
|Kosher salt||To taste|
|Lemon wedges||To serve with|
|Olive oil||3 tbsp|
|Pomì Finely Chopped Tomatoes||1 box (26 oz)|
|Sourdough bread||To serve with|
This easily-adaptable stew is perfect for seafood lovers! Add and swap whatever fresh seafood you have available for a delicious meal. And the freshest seafood needs the freshest sauce- that’s where the Pomì Italian Weekend Trio comes in.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the anchovies and gently smash them into the oil with your spoon until they are almost completed “melted.”
2. Add onion and celery and cook until the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
3. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and bay leaf and cook 2 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
4. Add wine and let simmer about 1 minute while scraping any browned bits from the pot.
5. Add Pomì Finely Chopped Tomatoes, chicken stock, parsley, and oregano. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer covered 45 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
6. Remove bay leaf. Add clams to the pot. Cover and cook until the clams begin to open, about 10 minutes. Add mussels, and cook until they open, about 5 minutes. Add the fish. Simmer gently until the fish is just cooked through, and the clams and mussels are completely open, another 5 minutes. Discard any clams and mussels that do not open.
7. Taste the tomato base and season with more salt and red pepper flakes if necessary.
8. Ladle Classic Cioppino into bowls. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and basil if using.
9. Serve with warmed or grilled bread and lemon wedges.