One bottle of Organic Finely Chopped Tomatoes
Pomì organic chopped tomatoes (Pomì Polpa di Pomodoro Biologica) is a sauce produced only with Italian organic tomatoes, which are healthy, fresh and perfectly ripe, processed immediately after harvesting. Excellent for pizza margherita or pasta and to enhance the flavor of every fish-based dish. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening.
|Organic chopped tomatoes 26.46oz||One bottle of Organic Finely Chopped Tomatoes|
|Boneless fish fillets or steaks (halibut or cod or another white fish)||2 lbs|
|Chilli Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Dried Oregano||1 tsp|
|Dry white wine||1/4 cup|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 tablespoons|
|Flat Leaf parsley||1/2 cup chopped|
|Garlic||4 large cloves|
|Organic Finely Chopped Tomtoes||1 bottle|
|Pinch of sugar||optional|
|Pomi Double Concentrated Organic Tomato Paste||1 tbsp|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
- Pat the fish dry and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay the fish in a dish or resealable bag and squeeze the juice of one half of the lemon over it. Refrigerate for 20 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy skillet and add the onions and leeks. Cook, stirring often, until they have softened and are starting to get golden, 10-12 minutes.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and the garlic, paprika, chili powder, oregano and the bay leaf and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Pour in the wine and the tomato paste and cook for another minute or two until wine has reduced
- Stir in the finely chopped tomatoes, sugar if using, and half the parsley and more salt and pepper to taste and bring to a simmer. Simmer uncovered, stirring often, until the sauce has cooked down a bit and is very fragrant, about 10 minutes. In the meantime preheat the oven to 375 ° F
- Remove pan from heat and place the fish onto the sauce submerging pieces into the sauce and spooning sauce over the pieces.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake until the fish is opaque and pulls apart easily with a fork, approx 25-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets basting the fish every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once done and serve with lemon wedges and capers and with rice, or whatever side you prefer.