|Double Concentrated Organic Tomato Paste 4.6oz||One bottle of Organic Finely Chopped Tomatoes|
|Boneless fish fillets or steaks (halibut or cod or another white fish)||2 lbs|
|Chilli Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Dried Oregano||1 tsp|
|Dry white wine||1/4 cup|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 tablespoons|
|Flat Leaf parsley||1/2 cup chopped|
|Garlic||4 large cloves|
|Organic Finely Chopped Tomtoes||1 bottle|
|Pinch of sugar||optional|
|Pomi Double Concentrated Organic Tomato Paste||1 tbsp|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
- Pat the fish dry and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay the fish in a dish or resealable bag and squeeze the juice of one half of the lemon over it. Refrigerate for 20 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy skillet and add the onions and leeks. Cook, stirring often, until they have softened and are starting to get golden, 10-12 minutes.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and the garlic, paprika, chili powder, oregano and the bay leaf and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Pour in the wine and the tomato paste and cook for another minute or two until wine has reduced
- Stir in the finely chopped tomatoes, sugar if using, and half the parsley and more salt and pepper to taste and bring to a simmer. Simmer uncovered, stirring often, until the sauce has cooked down a bit and is very fragrant, about 10 minutes. In the meantime preheat the oven to 375 ° F
- Remove pan from heat and place the fish onto the sauce submerging pieces into the sauce and spooning sauce over the pieces.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake until the fish is opaque and pulls apart easily with a fork, approx 25-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets basting the fish every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once done and serve with lemon wedges and capers and with rice, or whatever side you prefer.