Enjoy the natural quality of our new Crushed Tomatoes with Basil. No salt added and only two ingredients: tomatoes and basil. They are perfect as a base ingredient or sauce starter to prepare pasta sauces, or as your secret addition to enrich other recipes with the refined, yet bold flavor of Italian tomatoes. The resealable box makes our new 13.8 line even easier to open and store. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening.
|Crushed Tomatoes with Basil 13.8oz||1 box|
|All-purpose flour||1/4 cup (30g)|
|Black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Cooking oil||to spray the sticks before baking (or frying oil if you want to fry them instead)|
|Dried parsley||1-2 tbsp (optional)|
|Garlic powder||1/2 tsp|
|Italian seasoning||1 tbsp|
|Nutritional yeast||2 tbsp|
|Onion powder||1/2 tsp|
|Reese’s Select Hearts of Palm||4 cans (16 sticks)|
|Rice flour||1/3 cup (45g)|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Sea salt||1/2 tsp|
These “Mozz” Sticks aren’t made with cheese at all, they’re made with @reesespecialtyfoods Hearts of Palm so even your dairy free friends can partake in the tender, earthy, crispy deliciousness! Pomì Crushed Tomatoes with Basil transformed into a Marinara Dipping Sauce offers a rich tomato flavor and incredible smooth texture.
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Add the breading ingredients (flour, rice flour, breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper) to a shallow plate or bowl.
Optional: add dried herbs such as parsley or basil, as they give the beige coating a more exciting look.
- Drain your hearts of palm from the cans and rinse thoroughly.
- Then roll each one through the breading with one hand and transfer the other (dry) hand to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spray all breaded sticks with cooking oil on all sides. Put them in the oven for about 45 minutes until the breading is darkened. Flip halfway through and spray with more cooking oil if necessary (after around 22 minutes). You won't get the same kind of dark golden color that you would by frying, but you can put them right under the broiler for 45-90 seconds to get a little more crispiness if needed.
Alternatively, you can fry them in oil in a pot or skillet
- While the sticks are baking, prepare the sauce. Pour crushed tomatoes with basil into a bowl, mix with Italian seasoning, and add salt and pepper to taste. Put some of the sauce into a serving bowl to dip your sticks in later, and store any leftovers in an airtight container or jar in your fridge for around 5 to 7 days.
- Serve and enjoy vegan mozzarella sticks warm with dipping sauce. They keep quite well and can easily be reheated in the microwave or oven the next day.