2 Cans of Pomì Finely Chopped Tomatoes
Pomì chopped tomatoes are dedicated to the most demanding of palates, a soft, smooth fresh tomato pulp, made for those who love a softer flavor. Perfect to cook ragout, soups, pureed vegetable soups, delicious sauces and pizza recipes. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? Tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped, then crushed. They are mixed with tomato juice and then put through sieves. The Product is thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. Finely chopped tomatoes may contain seeds and peels.
|Finely chopped tomatoes 26.6oz||2 Cans of Pomì Finely Chopped Tomatoes|
|Butter||2 TBSP, divided|
|Cheddar Cheese||2.5 cups plus .5 cup for topping|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||2 TBSP|
|Heavy Cream||2 cups|
|Mafaldine Pasta||1 pound|
|Pecorino (or Parm)||1.5 cups|
|Pomi Finely Chopped Tomatoes||2 cans|
|Shredded Mozzarella||0.75 cups|
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Heat butter and EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat, then add onions
- Cook the onions till they are almost translucent, then add garlic and cook till fragrant, about one minute.
- Add you cans of Pomì Finely Chopped Tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Add cream and stir to combine.
- Then turn your heat off and add 2.5 cups of Cheddar and all the Pecorino and Mozzarella. Stir to combine.
- Par cook pasta in well-seasoned pasta water for about 4-5 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, grease a 13" casserole dish with butter - A plastic bag is great for this and is easy to clean up.
- When pasta is done, add to the greased casserole with the sauce and stir to combine (the pasta should look extra saucy, so add more cream if needed! You can also reserve some starchy pasta water from your pot and sub some of the cream for that instead.)
- Sprinkle top with your 1/2 cup of cheddar and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.