1 1/2 cup Pomi Chopped Tomatoes
Pomì Tomato Sauce has countless uses. It is obtained only from Italian tomatoes and it is easy and fast because it is ready to use. It is perfect to prepare any type of dish: meat, eggs, pasta, creams and creamy soups. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening.
Ingredients for 4
|Tomato Sauce 17.63oz||1 1/2 cup Pomi Chopped Tomatoes|
|avocado oil||2 tbsp|
|bbq sauce||1 tbsp|
|cayenne pepper||1/4 tsp|
|chickpea pasta (2 servings) or more||1/2 Box|
|dried tomatoes, chopped||1/4 cup|
|dry green lentils||1/2 cup|
|fresh basil to top off|
|garlic cloves, minced||2|
|onion, chopped||3/4 cup|
|pink salt||1/4-1/2 tsp|
|pink salt and pepper to taste|
|Pomi chopped tomatoes||1 1/2 cup|
|Pomi tomato sauce||1/3 cup|
|Water||1 1/4 Cup|
This Vegan Lentil Bolognese Sauce is no joke. It’s flavorful, rich in proteins, and can assure you that you won’t miss meat while eating this! There are simple ingredients that you should use, because they make a huge difference in taste. What’s more, the recipe is simple and quick! You’ll have your dinner ready on the table in half an hour.
- Place the lentils in a strainer and thoroughly rinse under running water.
- In a small saucepan, place the lentils and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until soft. Add more water if needed. Lentils are cooked as soon as they're tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/4-1/2 tsp salt.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta and set aside.
- Heat up avocado oil. Add onion and 1/4 tsp salt. Sautee for about 4-5 minutes, add garlic and cook additional minute or two.
- Add cooked lentils, chopped dried tomatoes, pomi chopped tomatoes, sauce, bbq sauce, spices, salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Divide pasta between two plates, top with the "bolognese sauce" and fresh basil.