Marinara Sauce is a nutritionally sound sauce with a delicious fresh taste of 100% Italian tomatoes and it is at the base of many recipes. Serve over cooked spaghetti, ravioli or other pasta; sprinkle with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Or chill and serve as a salsa with garlic bread sticks or Tostitos. Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening.
|Marinara Sauce 26.6oz||26.46 oz|
|Baquette, sliced and toasted||1|
|Cherry tomatoes, halved||1/2 cup|
|Cloves of garlic, minced||2|
|Goat cheese||1 cup|
|Parsley or basil, minced||To garnish|
|Salt and pepper||To garnish|
1. Preheat the oven to 375(f) degrees.
2. To a skillet over medium heat stir together the marinara sauce & garlic. Bring to a gentle simmer & cook until the sauce slightly thickens, about 5 minutes.
3. As the sauce simmers, shape the goat cheese into a 1/2-inch thick disc, leaving about a 1-inch border around the skillet.
4. Top skillet with the goat cheese & bake for 20 minutes. Broil the cheese for a minute or two to ensure it is golden.
5. Top goat cheese with cherry tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper & a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
6. Serve warm with the sliced baguette!